Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hello Scrappy World . . . I'm Back!


So, I've been M.I.A. for many months now because sometimes life just gets in the way. It started on March 15th with a massive power surge (caused by a tree trimmer hired by a neighbor 2 blocks away) that fried thousands of dollars worth of our stuff, working on a lengthy property damage report for PG & E that they aren't going take responsibility for anyway! Then some minor illnesses that just wanted to linger, a huge birthday party for my granddaughters, 2 weddings, next it was my Mom's 3 weeks visit (which was awesome, but she was here on a mission (help with Spring Cleaning) so it involved lots of home improvement projects and elbow grease).

Spring cleaning projects completed during Mom's visit (amongst extended family visits/dinners and various outings):

1) Large backyard & front yard maintenance

2) House, driveway, walk ways & sidewalks around home power washed

3) Garage reorganized

4) New scrapbook storage overflow cabinets filled and organized



5) All double-paned windows & screens on the 2nd floor removed, washed, and replaced.

6) Old 80's style living room curtains & blinds removed & tossed, walls scrubbed clean, spackled, and waiting for paint, plus new vertical blinds ordered and installed

7) Scrapbook room re-organized

8) New ceiling fans in dining room & kitchen




9) Carpets & upholstery shampooed

10) Kitchen garden window cleaned and painted

11) New back sliding door screen ordered

12) Fence repairs

13) Closets cleaned & purged

Lastly a very nasty Respiratory infection that I am finally able to bid ado, my youngest daughter (21) bought a brand new car and decisions & timeline about my out of state (Louisiana) move in 14 months accomplished!


In the last 4 weeks since National Scrapbook Day weekend I've only held my pink ATG 3 times! This past Friday ended that dry spell. I was feeling well enough to come up with a template for two classes and then sit down and make & send off a really cute Chipboard Graduation Album for a young relative graduating from Woodland Hills High School in Pittsburgh, PA this coming week.


Last night I hosted my monthly Saturday Night Crop (dinner, drinks & dessert included) at MLO in Cupertino, CA. Small crowd, but I got to see some scrappy friends that I’ve missed dearly. The creative juices are able to flow again! So looking forward to a summer of abundant scrappiness!! Today is slated for regular weekly cleaning, getting ready for the weekly routine and craftin’ up a couple more graduation gifts! It is going to be a Scraptacular day!

On another Scrappin’ note . . . I am very, very late with the MLO (Memories Live On) June 2011 “The Sampler” kit club reveal. So here it is!




2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

So happy you're back!!! and OMG what a terrible few months you've had! Hope you're fine now and that everything stays that way!

Letty said...

Thank you Monique! So glad to be back.